Dear Pine Dental Care Families,
The safety and well-being of our patients, families, and team members continues to be our top priority as new cases of COVID-19 continue to appear on a global scale. We are closely monitoring information provided from the CDC, the American Academy of Pediatrics, as well as the World Health Organization.
Pine Dental Care has extensive infectious agent protocols in place to ensure our patients, families, and team members are safe. We have implemented an educational program for our entire team about the importance of universal precautions for infection control.
As we do on a daily basis, we are continuing to implement the following health and safety measures:
- Following best practices from the CDC and the ADA for Universal Precautions for infection control.
- Placement of extra hand sanitizer dispensers in high trafficked areas.
- Appropriate hand washing techniques.
- Phone triage of all patients prior to arriving for scheduled appointments.
- All team members will have their temperature taken at the start of the day and anyone with a fever or any type of respiratory illness will be required to remain at home.
- Decontamination of all surfaces in the operatories as well as in the reception area.
- Limiting time in the reception area. In some cases, having patients wait in their cars, and then go straight into the treatment area.
- We have removed all books, toys, puzzles, and magazines from the reception area. The I-pads have been shut down as well.
If you, or anyone in your family is experiencing a fever, cough, or cold like symptoms, please alert us and the front desk will be happy to assist in rescheduling your visit. Likewise, if you or an immediate family member has been in an area or building in which someone has tested positive for COVID-19, we will also be happy to assist in rescheduling. If at any time you or your child develop possible symptoms of Coronavirus, please call your physician immediately.
We deeply apologize for any inconvenience that may occur during this stressful time. Rest assured that we are taking every action to keep everyone safe. We will have a dentist in the office every day to address any emergencies that may arise.
In addition to the above, we are available to answer any questions or concerns that you may have during this time. We are so grateful for your loyalty and support and the Pine Dental Care team looks forward to seeing everyone soon.
For additional information regarding COVID-19 please visit:
- Centers for Disease Control (CDC)
- World Health Organization (WHO)
- Illinois Department of Public Health’s 24 hour COVID-19 Hotline: 1-800-889-3931
The Pine Dental Care Team